Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country — to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
This marketing specialist role is critical to the success of the team’s execution of our marketing strategy. Our team is responsible for all acquisition marketing communication for the Optimum and Suddenlink brands, including the launch of multiple advertising campaigns per year. This role is focused on the development of digital marketing that drives customer acquisition and growth. In addition, this role will also help to update content on our websites and develop email marketing.
To be effective, this position requires an individual who is a strategic, analytical, and creative thinker. This position must collaborate effectively with both internal partners and the external agencies, vendors and partners to help manage the execution of digital advertising that deliver real results.
The role is based in Long Island City, NY.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide support in the development, execution, and implementation of all acquisition digital advertising. Implement acquisition plans for all online advertising to promote all offers in clear and compelling manner, on a mass marketing and segment-specific basis, while ensuring all media is scheduled and delivered to meet deadlines.
- Leverage campaigns across multiple marketing channels including display, paid social media, online video, online radio, SEM, email, and website, ensuring creative and messaging is on strategy and synergistic.
- Display – Work closely with DCO partner to develop timelines, provide creative guidance, and review and approve deliverables within the vendor’s creative tool environment.
- Online Video & Radio – Review and QA storyboards and scripts from external agency. Review edits to ensure accuracy of offer details and legal disclaimers. Communicate feedback to team.
- Social Media (Paid) – Oversee development of videos, static assets, and copy with external agency. Ensure copy docs are delivered on time and with accuracy. Review all assets and provide feedback.
- Search (SEM) – Work with media agency on all search creative. Brief agency and review recommendations. Provide feedback to align copy with marketing strategy. QA all creative.
- Website – Collaborate with marketing team stakeholders, creative services, and web operations teams to update offer specific web pages with new offer details, legal language, and campaign-specific creative. Manage testing activities on website as needed.
- Email – Partner with marketing team stakeholders, creative services, and external vendor to develop acquisition emails to potential subscribers in an offer-specific and segmented manners. Work with vendor to understand best practices, analytics, and insights to iterate and improve performance.
- Create presentation materials, including campaign recaps. Maintain organizational documents, including status reports, timelines, and creative calendars.
- Attend weekly status meetings with media team and media agency to ensure clarity on all tactics, specs, targeting and timelines to ensure alignment.
Education combined with experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in marketing, agency account/project management (digital/advertising agency experience is a plus)
- Digital-first mindset with a clear understanding of the nuances of digital media best practices
Strategic, analytical, and creative thinker
Grasp the big picture marketing strategy and then connect the dots to all of the important tactics and details.
- Digest data analysis reporting and apply insights to future creative development on an on-going basis
- Develop a deep understanding of our business and become a go-to resource for offers and promotions
- Translate marketing strategy into creative recommendations that drive business growthExperience managing internal and external creative partners
This role requires an understanding of the creative development process including advertising, design, and video best practices. Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) are paramount.
- Write creative briefs with that provide clear and concise direction
- High creative IQ with the ability to provide strategic feedback and collaborate constructively
Strong project management skills
Requires a proven ability to perform simultaneous tasks at a high level of effectiveness.
- Manage multiple projects with a high volume of deliverables
- Understanding of how to prioritize what’s critical at any point within a project and direct resources
- Problem-solve when issues arise, bringing solutions to the table
- Manage tight timelines and meet all deadlines
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
Extremely detailed-oriented and organized
Your job will entail making sure all creative deliverables and traffic instructions are error-free.
- Provide quality control, including proofreading (for accuracy, grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.)
- Interface with legal team to ensure tactics are in compliance with legal requirements
- Traffic creative with accuracy (e.g. requesting, reviewing, and testing tracking URLs, filling out trafficking forms, providing clear direction to media agencies, following up on timing and approving preview links)
You also Have:
- A passion for marketing, entertainment, and technology
- A can-do attitude and ability to stay positive during crunch time
- A collaborative spirit who works well with multiple teams and disciplines
- A willingness to take direction and run with it, executing an approved game plan flawlessly
- The ability to react and adapt to fast-changing business environment
- An eagerness to learn and grow, assume additional responsibilities, and enthusiastically develop new skills
- Availability to work unpredictable hours, including some evenings and weekends
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Adobe Advertising Cloud (or other DCO platform)
- Copywriting and copy-editing experience
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.