|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Pension, Discounts|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Ivy Farrell Recruitment|
Do you come from a strong digital marketing background – want to go client side?
If so SA’s leading retailer – a well-known household name is seeking an Online Marketing Manager.
The role is based in Cape Town.
Drive the agreed positioning of the website/app and mobile presence to the market, in a way that focuses on driving profitable sales, new customer acquisition and customer engagement/market share.
- Relevant diploma or degree in brand marketing
- Five to seven years of marketing skills and experience in retail/brands/agency/PR, with a specific focus on online, app, mobile marketing, paid search, Google shopping display and paid social.
- Solid technical knowledge and awareness across all elements of marketing including experience paid search engine marketing, email marketing, affiliate programmes and online advertising.
- Experience in managing budgets and teams
- 360 media understanding
- Fashion and or food experience advantageous
- Ability to understand local and international trends
- Passion for retail, the product, brand and customers
- Influencing and Negotiation skills
- Analytical and able to turn granular analysis of digital data into executable strategies
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with excel is essential
- Creative thinker and ability to evaluate creative work
- Commercial acumen: demonstrates basic business sense and understanding, as well as understands the macroeconomic environment
- Team player: willing to work co-operatively with others, within a team and across departments, towards a common objective
- Planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Agility and flexibility
- Professional, respectful and courteous
- Problem-solving ability
- Emotional intelligence
- Position the online brand
- Support online to achieve its strategy and goals, understanding the channel and how to take that channel to market to the target customer
- Present and deliver the agreed Online strategic marketing vision and direction to key business units and stakeholders in the business
- Translate business and marketing strategy into a marketing and communication plan
- Translate the online strategy into a detailed brand, integrated marketing and communication plan in conjunction with the Head of Marketing.
- Deliver and drive the achievement of business goals and targets through the agreed compelling and engaging customer communication
- Manage online acquisition campaigns including creative briefing, implementation and analysis to grow existing customers and acquire new customers through brand building.
- Assist in influencing and changing customer perceptions through marketing communication in line with the marketing strategy
- Keep up to date with new opportunities and new thinking, to ensure that the brand stays ahead of the game, both locally and on a global perspective
- Drive partnership with category managers to ensure alignment of product strategy, merchandise cycle and marketing strategy
- Work closely with the editorial/content and creative teams to ensure that Online Marketing activities are in line with the brand values
- Work with the brand team to ensure that online specific priorities and objectives are factored into specific campaigns
- Attend, understand and interpret market and business trends
- Integrate customer insights in development of the integrated marketing and communication plan
- Integrate innovative digital marketing solutions into campaign work, whilst upskilling business partners in digital marketing
- Drive the execution of the marketing communications plan
- Drive the integrated communications brief, leading and engaging with key stakeholders and areas of specialisation across 360 areas within Marketing including Agency, VM, Direct, Digital/Online, PR, Social Media
- Manage end to end process from Marketing into Agency and marketing channels
- Ensure that the overarching communication objectives and big ideas are understood to deliver and integrated plan across all channels and touch points
- Drive key elements of the communications approach such as media planning, brand positioning, campaign performance management from concept through execution to analysis
- Drive the execution process and ensure approval process from a brand perspective and online category management is adhered to
- Oversee paid search activities and drive Online traffic
- Manage business interface & trade process into marketing
- Ensure timeous delivery of marketing inputs into online category managers
- Act as the primary Marketing point of contact into the online team
- Work closely with the online category managers to ensure deep alignment of channel, trade and product objectives
- Take a “can-do”, proactive approach to “make it happen”, working with Online, Sales Management, Stores, the Agency etc.
- Budget and commercial management
- Manage and maintain annual brand budget for given area of responsibility
- Ensure effective cost management in delivering to the integrated plan: manage variances in actual expense against budget set
- Conduct PIRs to measure and assess efficacy of campaigns
- Oversee Always On optimisation of digital elements of campaigns
- Work closely with the SEO specialist to ensure that spend is optimized
- People and stakeholder management
- Accountable for relationship and stakeholder management with key areas, focused on Online marketing integration with PR, direct marketing, visual merchandising and product groups/Agency/Social Media/Online
- Work proactively across teams and functions, to optimise integration opportunities, with specific focus on the 360 integration of online deliverables
- Influence internal and external stakeholders, peers and team members where necessary to ensure delivery of the online marketing plan.
- Raise issues and concerns timeously and in a professional manner, and manage expectations in line with brand’s Values and Strategy
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key 360 partners including Agency, VM, PR and Corp Comms, Direct, Loyalty, Digital, Online, Social Media, Store design, Taste and Packaging
- Proactively manage relationships with category managers and product/buying groups
- Drive and encourage a motivating and positive working experience across business stakeholders and marketing
- Ensure that team members deliver according to the critical path
Should you not receive a response within three working days of your application please take it that your application has been unsuccessful.
Posted on 10 Oct 14:20
Apply by email
firstname.lastname@example.org: WMMO/B :FER ,moc.ytinummocziB aiv reganaM gnitekraM enilnO :noitacilppA=tcejbus?az.oc.tnemtiurcerfi@yvi
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Marketing Manager jobs
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Senior Marketing Manager, Stellenbosch
- Online Marketing Manager, Cape Town, CBD, Ad Talent
- Senior Marketing Manager, George, Badger Holdings
- Digital Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Social Media Manager | Marketing Agency, Cape Town, Amplified Talent
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Gardens, CBD
- Marketing Manager/Brand Ambassador, Cape Town
- Offline/Digital Marketing Manager, Franschhoek
- Sales/Marketing, Cape Town